Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

End of the Run

Well, Forever Plaid has come and gone, after 387 performances in Sacramento. I myself played for the last 150 or so...I lost count after awhile. The last week of the run was great, with full energetic houses and emotions running high. It was a bittersweet ending for me, on one hand nice because I'll suddenly have more free time at home, but sad that's it actually over. (And of course I'll miss the extra paychecks!)

The final scenes and Justin's final monologue hit true to home, as it speaks of not wanting to leave and not knowing what the future will hold, but yet knowing that it's time to move on. The Plaids were all fighting back tears I think, and the last monologue lasted longer than it ever has, as it was difficult to get through.
I was really touched before the show that they gave me a signed and framed 'Honorary Plaid' certificate - the same they give out each performance to the lucky volunteer who gets to play the top part of Heart and Soul. That will sit on my desk at home as a testament and reminder of the longest running professional musical theatre show in Sacramento's history. And of course I am honored to have been a part of it.

But, as they say, life moves on.

So here I am back at work after a leisurely and relaxing tour of Apple Hill on Labor Day yesterday. It's only a three day work week due to the holiday and the Friday furlough, but I don't mind that of course. On to new projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment