Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My Friday

Well today is Thursday, of Friday given that the 'real' Friday is a furlough day. I'm planning on going to see District 9 with the old man tomorrow, since I have the day off. From the previews, it looked like a rather lame alien-versus-human type movie. But everyone I know who has gone to see it has really liked it, so we'll give it a shot.

What the rest of the day will hold, who knows. But likely, lounging at home until it's time to go to my evening job at the Cosmopolitan. Only four more days of Forever Plaid! It seems like it's been going on forever. It certainly will be bittersweet to see it go.

This has been the first week of school, and thanks to holidays and furloughs I have a four-day week followed by a four-day weekend followed by a three-day week followed by a three-day weekend. Oh, if only it could always be like that! My 700 sick time hours might suggest that it could be so, but alas, in a couple of weeks I'll most likely be back to a five-day work week.

At least until the furloughs in October come.

But for now, the week has been filled with oodles and oodles of students getting their lockers and practice room keys as they desperately try and add the already overfilled classes they need to graduate. And life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment