Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Folly

So I just got back into the office after a nice weekend spent mostly at home. Over the weekend the custodial staff apparently came in and waxed my office floor. Unfortunately they left my refrigerator unplugged, causing it to spontaneously defrost.

So I came into the office today to find that I was now sporting a small lake on my office floor. Had I known, I would have brought fishing tackle. Thankfully my fridge was not too frosted over to begin with, nor did it have a lot of food left over the weekend. So the puddle wasn't too bad, nor was the smell of rotting food.
After spending a little while on my hands and knees mopping up with paper towels (we aren't trusted with things like mops - those are only entrusted to folks who don't believe in plugging in refrigerators...), order has been restored, and I can now continue with my regularly scheduled office work.

But, should I trust the yogurt that was left warming in my fridge over the weekend??

No comments:

Post a Comment