Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Sunday, May 1, 2022

Mayday!

Usually I post a recent picture from my iPhone library on these things, but I found that this cartoon captured the essence of today better than any photos I had taken recently. It's May already? Good lord time sure flies. It seems like it goes faster the older we get. Or is that just me? 

It was actually a theme in a recent episode of This Is Us. Which, incidentally is one of the best dramas on TV. If you haven't watched it, go. Watch it now. It's amazing. But anyway, it was in a wedding toast by Randall where he describes how "the older we get, the faster time just seems to come at us." Too true.

So it's May now, and I can't seem to recall anything of great significance that happened in April. A lot of the usual - work, kid, school, soccer, repeat. Connor and I shared a lovely head cold, taking turns with Covid tests. But now it's a new month, the sniffles are almost behind us, the music is playing down the hallway as the kid has drifted off to sleep.

And hey, we're less than two months away from our family vacation, a return to Alaska on Princess Cruises. After being delayed for two years, it should be a welcome treat. And even Randall suggested that time seems to slow for important moments, like family vacations. I hope that's true. 

Meanwhile at work, much of our office staff is transferring or retiring, so we've got some new faces on board. Or coming on board soon, anyway. That will at least stir up some things, make it more interesting as we try and figure out who is doing what around there. Times change! Of course being in my 23rd year there I'm sure I'll get leaned on for training help, if even just to acquaint people with the stuff we do in music that differs from other departments. We are kind of in our own little world after all. 

I could technically retire in three years...

But first I have to get through this school year. And since it's May now, that means it's that much closer! Really, only a couple more weeks of concerts and then it winds down at Sac State. And my 23rd year will be done. 

Boy, that's a long time when you think about it...almost a quarter century! I was so young and fresh when I started. So full of life, bright eyed and eager like a puppy. Time came at me fast, and now here I am. Quite a bit older, hopefully a bit wiser, definitely more tired.

Mayday! Mayday! Nah, it will be okay. Time, come at me.



No comments:

Post a Comment