Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Monday, July 4, 2022

Dang It Covid!

Wow, did I really go through a whole month without making a post? It seems so. Life gets away from you sometimes, I guess. And in all fairness, June was a big month for me, primarily getting ready for our first major family vacation since the summer of 2019. Cruising to Alaska! Our 10-day trip ended last Wednesday, June 29. In retrospect it seems like it flew by, but the days themselves plodded forward just as the ship plodded forward through crystal clear channels of ice cold water, surrounded by mountains of never ending forests.

But before I wax poetic on that, I should stick to the topic at hand. It's a holiday weekend, or the end of one anyway, as today is the 4th of July! Are we planning on going to an aerial explosive exhibition, setting off our own mini versions of them, doing a BBQ, hike, anything?? Nope. And this time it's not from my poor planning or introversive nature.

Connor got Covid.

Presumably at some time on our voyage, as he tested positive two days after we returned. Hard to tell, since his symptoms were mild. Mild headache, mild cough, most of that gone already. Honestly, symptom-wise, it's been indistinguishable from a minor cold. Something that, before Covid, we wouldn't have thought twice about. We'd be out and about and enjoying the brilliant sun outside on this holiday. We certainly would have gone to indoor soccer on Friday, especially since I had just paid for it an hour before he tested positive. Couldn't see it coming!

But now we're in quarantine.

For myself, I've been testing negative still, at least up till last night anyway. And I feel no symptoms. Not sure how Connor managed to get it and not me. But it's just as well, I can focus my efforts and energy on taking care of him, stuck at home, while washing and sanitizing my hands 74 times a day. 

It is what it is.

So for this holiday, we'll be sitting at home eating frozen pizza rolls and watching ridiculous gamer videos on YouTube. And as the sun sets on this Monday, the noise and explosive evidence of the holiday will surround us, I'm sure. People were setting them off last night anyway. Boom boom boom. Maybe next year we'll get to blow stuff up too. Dang it Covid! Maybe we'll do another cruise to Alaska instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment