Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Party Time?

So I heard the best quote on a show I've been watching this evening on Hulu: "We're at the age where the best part about going out is going home." Oh. My. God. That's so true! I mean I was never the going out type of person, it was never my vibe. No clubs. No parties. No loud stuffy spaces where it's hard to breathe and harder to talk. And yes, it is SO nice to get home after being out. Introverts live for the next opportunity to unwind and decompress.

And this picture wasn't me going out, it was an early morning walk on the way to work in a light smattering of rain. I'm at home now of course, relaxing on my bed. It's after 7pm after all. Another day done! I just threw this picture in here because it was the last picture I took of myself.

But in the spirit of the booming club scene that's bombarding me on the TV right now, I booked for myself a little pre-birthday present: a trip to Vegas! I haven't been to Vegas in...13 years? I think. It's been awhile anyway. I'm sure it will be unrecognizable since places like that seem to change so much. Actually the Super Bowl last weekend took place there...and I didn't recognize the prominent sites they were showing on TV. I get to play tourist and take lots of pictures with my phone!

I haven't even been on an airplane since 2017. Even that will be an adventure. Good thing it's just a short, rather ordinary flight. So yes, I'm going to Sin City so I can...probably go to be bed by 10pm and wake up early and enjoy a morning walk while taking in the architectural sites of the posh resorts. But I'll also probably take in a comedy show. And maybe...a Vegas-style cabaret show. Ooooh. That's about as much partying as I can take - a regulated, ticketed, 90-minute sit-in-your-seat-and-have-a-laugh-with-a-drink-or-two type of event.

And, sure, I might put $20 into a slot machine along the way. Who knows? Maybe I'll win big. Or at least enough to cover a meal or two.

But hey, it's Vegas. Anything can happen, right? Well, technically I suppose it's true...but I know myself. All too well. I'm predictable! But hey, it will be a nice getaway next month. And it's nice to treat yourself a little once in awhile. To mix things up. Enjoy a change of pace. This will be during Sac State's spring break, and honestly I've never been one to go out on spring breaks either. But I don't have Connor that well, which isn't always the case, and there's no really events happening at work that week, so...sometimes the stars just align. 

And airfare was on sale, $107 after fees round trip. Not bad, not bad. Yeah...I had to talk myself into it. But it's booked! It's happening! Two nights at the Circus Circus on the Strip. And I am looking forward to it. My own personal party!

No comments:

Post a Comment