Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Friday, February 12, 2010

Going Home in Two Days

So it's a quasi-furlough Friday here at Sac State. I'm in obviously, and so is Teresa our budget officer, but the rest of the staff is out enjoying a four day weekend - Monday is an all campus furlough closure day. But I'm going to one up them - on Sunday I leave Sac for home. Disneyland, that is. I'm taking off furloughs on Monday and Tuesday and using up some of my accrued overtime from last semester (I still have 50 hours on the books!) for Wednesday and Thursday.

I think this will be the longest trip I've ever taken to Disneyland, a total of four nights. Though as we're leaving on Valentine's Day, and that day happens to be a blockout date for our Annual Pass, we won't be hitting the park until Monday morning. And then on Tuesday we have some other business to attend to...
But it's going to be a nice escape in any event, and I'm sure I'll eat plenty of double chocolate chip brownies. So much for weight loss.

Today is my last day here for a week, and so I have to spend a lot of time getting everything in order for every event that's going to happen while I'm gone. Not a big chore, but enough to keep me busy for now. Off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment