Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday

So yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday, and unlike many years, I actually knew who was playing in this one. Not that I cared much. But I was hoping the New Orleans would win, simply as they were the perceived underdog and it was their first trip to the Super Bowl.

And they won all right, despite having a fairly weak defense.

We actually went over to Brian Aguilar's apartment and hung out with some old friends, drank some beer and had tons of munchies. Oh, and prime rib. It was a delightful afternoon, and the game was a good one to watch too. I think it was the first NFL game I had watched in a couple of years.

Our music department actually had their Open House Brunch yesterday - and boy if I had a nickel for every time someone remarked, "It's on Super Bowl Sunday??". As if we were insane for even thinking to schedule something on such a sacred day. But I didn't pick the date, and in the end I didn't even end up going. I could have put some hours of work in for overtime. Well, when I say 'overtime' I really mean Compensated Time Off - no one gets paid for overtime. But I have enough hours already in my account that I need to take off.

So we did the 'American' think and watched the Super Bowl while ingesting lots of not too terribly healthy food. And a good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment