Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Friday, December 17, 2010

And.....Done

So it's Friday of finals week here at Sacramento State. And of course it's dead quiet. I rather like that... Tomorrow begins two weeks of time off, which of course we're starting off right with a three-night trip to Disneyland. Unfortunately it started raining today, and is supposed to rain the whole time we're there. But to treat myself out and make up for that, we went to Kohl's last night and bought me a new winter jacket. It's really quite nice, and now that I think about it, I think it's the first new jacket I've bought in at least 5 years. Well the last one I bought was at Mervyn's anyway...but we got a great deal as they're having a three day sale right now. Originally marked $100, we paid $38 after tax. Nice. 

But that wasn't the best part of the day. I was sitting in bed last night watching TV. To back up for a second, we got a new 42" LCD TV for the front room as a Christmas present, so the old TV from the front room is now in the bedroom. Since I haven't yet re-programmed the Dish satellite remote to operate the "new" bedroom TV, I was using the TV remote to turn up the volume - and there was a beep from the bathroom. Pause. Sit up and look around. Did I really hear that?? So I turn up the volume again. Another beep. This one gets the cat's attention, so you know it's serious. So, I get up to investigate and discover that the portable space heater in the bathroom is on. Apparently the 'up volume' button on the TV remote will turn on the space heater in the bathroom. And it's not even a "universal" remote! Boy that's weird. That was certainly the funniest thing that happened yesterday, unless you count calling Lorraine retarded on Facebook...

No comments:

Post a Comment