Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dead Week? What's That??

I wonder if anyone remembers the 'dead week' concept? It was still around when I was in college 15 years ago, though even then it seemed to be waning. Still, folks still mention it these days on occasion, even if it doesn't get recognized in practice. It used to be the week before finals week in school - well it still IS the week before finals week - but it was a slow week where no new material or homework was assigned, so that you could start getting ready (ie. study) for finals.

Of course in the music world, this concept has little meaning. This is traditionally our busiest week of the year, and this year is no exception. Although this semester has been, dare I say, light in comparison to other semesters, we have this week 10 concerts from Monday-Friday. So it is pretty busy around here these days.

Which reminds me - I have to go tear up the recital hall stage to get ready for tonight's big wind ensemble concert...

No comments:

Post a Comment