Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Week One: Done

Well the first week is in the books at Sac State. It actually was a pretty okay week. At least, it was fairly uneventful and rather predictable. Lots of students needing their forgotten locker combos, new students needing practice room keys. Faculty wanting to schedule their ensemble rehearsals and move their classrooms around. The usual.

It actually seemed a little slower than normal for a first week. Go figure. Well at least I got caught up on a lot of things I was behind on. Getting calendar stuff up to date. Scheduling things with the university. Getting staff work schedules out.

As an aside, I have the largest student staff I've ever had at 6 people, plus one additional swing person. And February is the slowest month, concert wise. Yet I'm having trouble getting everything fully scheduled around everyone's busy schedules. Maybe I need to hire more people.

Anyways, it's Saturday night, and as is typical with a weekend day with Connor, I spent an inordinate amount of time today at the park and watching Connor's favorite YouTube videos of families playing with their kids (Yeager Family anyone?).

If this all seems like rambling, well, it is. That's me now, apparently. A middle age single father rambling on and on about normal day to day activities, and recording them here for all posterity.

Maybe I should start a YouTube channel. I could be famous.

No comments:

Post a Comment