Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Thursday, January 10, 2019

The Day It Was Suddenly Real

It's 10 days into the new year. Have I had any epiphanies, embarked on any new adventures? Well no, not really. Not yet anyway. I've spent a little time organizing old photos, updating my framed collages with fresh prints. Going through my movie collections, pulling out things I know I'll probably never watch to be sold for pennies on the dollar at Dimple Records. Finding random things in the house to add to the Goodwill pile. In general streamlining my life. I guess in a certain manner I'm refreshing my soul a little bit.

I'm getting ready for a new adventure I suppose.

I'm recently separated, though not from my own design or decision. In two days my former wife will be moving out of our house, leaving me to start anew and find a new path in life. I'm really not sure where things will lead, or what will happen next. It's been a long time since I was "single". It will be a voyage of discovery I suppose, possibly through tumultuous seas. Who Knows? The unknown can be like that.

The title of this post is a song lyric reference to "So Big/So Small" from the hit musical Dear Evan Hansen. I had the good fortune of being able to see this show at the Curran in San Francisco a few weeks ago; I won an online ticket lottery to acquire a ticket for only $25 (the regular price for the particular seat I wound up in was closer to $300). The song speaks of a breakup, of a parting of ways. It seemed appropriate. In any case, come Saturday it will suddenly be real, and I'll have to take a first step forward. We'll see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment