Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

It's Hump Day!

Hey, it's Hump Day! Well, not that it really has a lot of meaning these days. I mean, the weekdays all seem to blur together into the weekends. It's often hard to remember what day it is. Not because I'm becoming old and senile, although there's probably a bit of that going on too. I'm not exactly a spring chicken. But the scenery stays the same. Day after day after day. And so on. I mean I know I can't, or rather shouldn't complain, I still have it better than a lot of people who without work, without paychecks, trying to figure out how to make ends meet. I'm just not used to this new lifestyle. it feels a little bit like detention. Not that I've been in detention since...1987 or so. But that's a story for another time.

Anyway, this evening I broke out of my box and ordered food to-go from a restaurant. Chili's, to be exact. It was the first time I've been to a former sit-down restaurant since this whole fiasco began. But the only sitting down was in my car. I had actually ordered through their app, which seemed to suggest they had curbside, to-go, and delivery options. But there's no "to-go" per se. I found that out by trying the front door, which was locked tight. So, it's all curbside now. But they don't bring the food to your car; they put it on a tray in front of where you're parked, and after they take your payment and leave you have to get out and pick it up. So, that's weird. But, it was pretty much the same taste I remembered, for what I had. Though lacking in ambience. And with packaging reminiscent of a fast food drive-thru. Sign of the times I suppose.

So I'm sitting up in bed click-clacking away on the laptop as the TV drones on in the background. It's the third night since I shook up my shower routine. Fourth night? 17th? Well it's hard to say, but Im still keeping it up in any case. It's a silly thing for me to babble on about, but sometimes even a small change in the mundane routine of daly life can be refreshing. Especially in this day and age. And again, I'm not one for new things. I worship routines as intangible gods, usually. But I suppose I needed a little bit of a change, just enough to keep things interesting. I can say that my hair is a bit of a bear in the morning after sleeping on it, and without the benefit of a morning shower to drown it into compliance. But in its defense, I really do need a haircut. Like, seriously.

But in any case, it's Hump Day! Two more days of the "work week" before the weekend is upon us again. And the routine rolls on.

No comments:

Post a Comment