Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Friday, December 24, 2021

Finally at Home

Here we are, on Christmas Eve, just me and the cat. Because...that's how we roll. Finally...FINALLY...at home. It was only an 8 month delay after all, but at the end of November I finally got the keys to the new place. I started moving in smaller items, slowly but surely, as December got underway. And about two weeks ago the rest of my stuff got moved in on one brisk Saturday morning. So now, two weeks later, and a lot of unpacking and settling is done...but still a bit more to go. It's a process. But it's nice to finally be somewhere that feels like home. And just in time for Christmas! 

Connor spent Christmas Eve day here, and the rest of the family came over. Cookies were made, pizza was eaten, mimosas and wine were drunk - and Connor even got to open some presents. It was a nice day all around.

And later, after the family had left and the child was nestled all snug in his bed - well he was gone and back with his mom anyway - I went for a walk down to Rockmont Circle. The Fab 40's of Natomas. This was actually my third trip there this year. As I said in a prior year, it's actually better than the Fab 40's, in my opinion. No one selling popcorn or hot cocoa or anything this year, but the displays of lights were still top notch. And even better for me: now I live less than a half mile away. So, why not go back for more holiday cheer? And it's a nice walk, anyway.

And now it's just shy of two hours before Christmas morning. There's always so much buildup to the season and then before you know it, the day is here and then in a flash it will be gone again. And then all the lights and tinsel will come down, the decorations will be put away for another year, and life will go on once more. And hey, in another week we'll be closing out the year and looking forward to 2022. 

And in the meantime, I'll continue settling into my new home and new life here. Finally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment