Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Found A Quarter

Early in the morning before most of the college students have even woken up is when I find myself out on the streets of Sacramento. In the weeks I don't have Connor, it's amazing how quickly my morning routine goes. There's just...not that much to do when I'm only getting myself ready for the day. So I leave the house early and stop off at random places along the J Street corridor. And then, I take a walk. To explore. To breathe. To get my steps in so I can maintain my average of over 5 miles of walking per day.

In any case, it's refreshing in the cool early morning air, when the streets are still fairly vacant. And I see a lot of shops and Victorian era homes and so on. Eye candy. And today, I found a quarter on the sidewalk. A quarter! I wasn't aware at the time, but this was pretty much the highlight of the day. Not that the day was bad, per se. it was just...dull. The same old schtick. Move a piano. Open sone doors. Answer some emails. Coordinate little bits and pieces of details of the many events on the horizon. This and that and some other stuff. Mundane.

I may have left work a half hour early.

So now it's a quarter to 9pm, I've returned from my evening walk around the neighborhood, and I'm making up for it by watching old Family Guy episodes and waiting for the laundry to finish. Productive? Um. Sure. Take that, Tuesday! Perhaps tomorrow will be more exciting. Who knows, I could find a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment