Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Independence Day?

Oh yeah, today is July 4. I almost forgot that when I woke up this morning. As I've alluded to before, the numbers of the days and the days of the week just kind of blur together in this melting pot that is what remains of our former livelihood.

I'm not really celebrating. I didn't buy fireworks. Connor doesn't come back here until tomorrow. That's actually the one way I keep track of the days now. I always know when it's Sunday. I would have gotten fireworks for him. We would have had a grand time. But alas, that's not the case. And besides, I don't feel like celebrating this country right now anyway. We've become the laughingstock and embarrassment of the world. Not that we weren't far removed from that before. It's been a long slow process in that direction, it seems. Don't get me wrong, I love my country. But our leaders and half of our people just need to pull their collective heads out of their asses. Instead we are even more divided now than when Donald Trump took office. Everyone is bickering it seems. Wear a mask or don't. Socially distance or throw a holiday BBQ. What to do, what to do. The photo here was taking as I sit secluded away in my house, just me and the cats, as I wait for my French bread pizza to finish cooking in the oven.

But I digress.

And boom goes the dynamite. That's actually a Family Guy reference of a rather...crass nature. But it's what I think about as I hear fireworks going off outside. Pop. Boom. Pop. It's going to be a long night. And speaking of Family Guy, I'm actually watching back episodes of The Orville right now, which was created by the same guy, who also stars in this show. I could write a whole review of this show if I wanted; it's a pretty decently fun show, even if the writing displays some glaring plot holes. But it's basically a parody of Star Trek, in which character are less serious and display the personalities of 1980s and 1990s era humans. And a little bit of the potty humor that's made Family Guy famous. Fun times.

So this is it, the big 4th of July holiday. Oh wait, the oven timer just went off. Time to pull my pizza out of the oven. And maybe I'll pour myself another glass of chardonnay. Bon appétit! And, boom, pop, and all that.

1 comment: