Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Time Capsule

So today I went back in to work for a bit. Like, actually on campus. Being back after all this time was a little surreal. But it looked just like we left it, way back at the end of March. Stuck in time, advertising upcoming concerts and with ads on the board still posted, just as they were. It's like the whole campus was stuck in a time capsule, just waiting to be reopened and rediscovered. I wasn't there too long. Just taking care of some business which required live signatures and a live presence to push some buttons on the lighting controls. It seems they needed to be rebooted after all this time, sitting dormant. 

This is the longest break from I've had since...well since forever I suppose. I mean I've worked from home a little bit, logging an hour or two here or there. But for the most part, I haven't really worked for three and a half months. That's one long vacation. Even in high school with breaks for summer, it was never this long.

Boy, it's going to be difficult to go back to work and get into the routine again. Well, maybe not. I've always been good at routines.

Sunday I took a walk after Connor left me for a week, and I eventually ended up at Jamba Juice. As this picture will attest to. It's nice to get both exercise and your daily serving of fruit, all in one trip.  I've made a habit of walking to and fro, whenever I can. I mean, it's not really new or unusual, as I've been averaging 5-6  miles of walling per day for some time. But I keep expanding my route, to keep it fresh I suppose. But also, I think, to enjoy it while I can. The realtor came by with a photographer yesterday to take photos of the house, so it will be on the market soon, and this chapter of my life will finally draw to a close. And then I'll move to an entirely new neighborhood, likely, so I won't be walking these now familiar paths much longer.

There really are nice trails and paths around here.

But anyways, as July draws to a close around us, and this ridiculous virus is still dictating our lives, it just becomes all the more obvious that I have little idea what August will hold. I guess I'm stuck in a time capsule too, just waiting for the world to open up and let me out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment