Welcome to Glenn's Blog!

Here I will periodically post random thoughts and stories about what's going on in my life and the world around me. As if anyone cared. But seriously, you've found your way here, so hopefully you will enjoy at least some of what I have to say, even if you aren't entirely interested in it. At the least, it should be a good way to waste time.

Friday, July 31, 2020

Today

Today I'm out sitting along the shore in Benicia, just watching and listening to the waves lap at the shoreline filled with tiny little pebbles of varying colors. I didn't know when I got up this morning where I'd end up. I knew I wanted to get out of town a little bit, preferably somewhere cooler than Sacramento has been. Usually my go-to place is San Francisco of course, and I almost did that again. But along the way I got sidetracked to the Benecia State Recreation Area.

Well, It means about an hour less of driving than if I had gone all the way to San Francisco. So, there's that little bonus.

I had actually been here a couple times before, albeit briefly. It was a chance find when I was playing a musical at a nearby high school. I came early for my show just so I could look around a little. But I didn't have enough time to have a real chance to explore it. Today I corrected that oversight. And now after walking about 7 miles and having a picnic lunch, I'm just sitting and enjoying the sounds of the waves and the nice refreshing breeze. Just a little bit of paradise.

It's the last day of July. Tomorrow, August is here. Connor will start 1st grade in August, although with distance learning. Somehow. I will undoubtedly return to work at some point, after a long hiatus. I'll likely have Connor with me, since he can't very well stay home. I'll probably end up moving from my house, assuming the house sells. Not sure to where. The realtor thinks there will be lots of interest and that it will sell quickly. Lots of change on the horizon. Change change change.

I never cared much for change. But it's an inevitability of life, I suppose.

But today is just...today. Simple. Peaceful. Relaxing. Ordinary. Tomorrow will be a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment